Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thanking Chick Fil A?

Ok, I know it sounds totally insane, but seriously, I do find myself thanking Chick-Fil-A!  Why on earth would I thank a company who funds hate groups by the millions?  Well, here's the deal.  I found myself in quite an activist funk after getting moved and settling in here in Florida.  I helped to organize a candle light vigil, and have had some 1:1 conversations with people about joining GetEQUAL.  But was still not really energized to be doing organizing work again for whatever reason.  The recent brouhaha over Chick-Fil-Hate has really given me the spark I needed to get back in the game!  Yesterday, I joined Occupy Tampa as they Mic Checked a local Chick-Fil-A, then we visited another to hand out handbills to people sitting outside eating.  It was a great time, and I look forward to working with them again!  Now, I have a bit of work to do this week, this weekend, and beyond.  Time to GetEQUAL!  And so thank you, Chick-Fil-A for admitting once and for all that you fund hate groups, and for pushing this activist out of his funk and back into the game!!  See you soon!


And for your viewing pleasure, here is some video of the "Mic Check" from yesterday!



Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment